These are perfect for that sweet tooth you just need to satisfy while still wanting a healthy option. With few ingredients for simplicity, these Choc Chip cookies are perfect for baking with kids! Even if you’re not the biggest fan of coconut, it doesn’t really taste as strong as you’d think, so I wouldn’t rule them out if you’re not the biggest ‘Bounty’ lover.
This recipe makes around 12 cookies, so feel free to half or double the recipe for your cookilicious needs.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C
2. Get your ingredients together:
3.Mix together the eggs, coconut, palm sugar and vanilla.
4. Melt the butter (I measure it out, put it into an older mug and pop it in the microwave at 10 second intervals) then pour it in!
5. Mix that all together and then, get the chocolate chips and MAKE IT RAIN!
6. Next, get some baking paper and grease with some butter. You may have to use your hands but fear not, you’re about to get messy anyway.
7. This is where it gets fun! Get stuck in and grab a small handful and place on the tray. Definitley gets the kids involved on this one. Space them out evenly but don’t worry, unlike regular cookies, they don’t spread when they bake so the thickness and size you form them is how they will come out.
8. Start shaping them. Flatten them down, make them into circles, or any shape if you want. Fortunately it’s quite a good mix for shaping, so use your imagination.
9. Once they’re all done, wash and/or lick your sticky and now delicious hands and spoons and put your cookies in the oven for 12 minutes. Best to keep an eye on them after 10 minutes as ovens vary, and they should come out looking like this…
10. DO NOT TOUCH! Just yet anyway, let them cool for a while as they’re still soft and the cooling process hardens them so you can pick them up more easily. Using a spatula, plate them up!
11. (Optional) They taste absolutely perfect the way they are, but if you’re want something extra special, or it’s for a birthday treat, why not knock these up a notch. Melt a bowl of chocolate chips, in the microwave at 20 second intervals and stir.
12. Dip the cookie bottoms in the chocolate and pull them out.
13. Lay them down chocolate side up to harden, either in the fridge or at room temperature and then enjoy your healthy, amazing and delicious coconut cookie with a tea, beer, cider or just the classic, a glass of milk.